Revision as of 11:43, 9 January 2020 by TerryKing
UNDER CONSTRUCTION: January 2020 (Another Wood Heating Season!)
Those of us who heat with wood NEED to do these things:
- Remember to stoke the stove before the fire gets too far down and is harder to get a new load of wood burning well
- Remember to close the stove door if it was cracked open to start a new load of wood quickly.
- Remember to turn the stove draft down as we approach a good temperature without too much overshoot
- Consider the outdoor temperature and the current indoor temperature as a factor in needed heat output
- Monitor the firebox temperature where wood is burning
- Monitor the output flue gas temperature to warn of low-temp creosote formation condition
- Monitor the output flue gas temperature high in the pipe for a sudden high temperature indicative of a chimney fire, sound an alarm
- Later add servo control of stove draft.
- Thermocouple Interfaces (3) and Thermocouples in flue. upper flue and on firebox
- DS18B20 Temperature sensors: Indoor and Outdoor temperatures
- 4-line LCD display
- Button controls / Menu system
- Loud? Audio output for alarms
- Real Time Clock
- Ethernet Interface
- Temperature sensor libraries
- Button library
- Menu Library
- RTC library
- Ethernet library
- Application code!