Arduino Hardware consists of Arduino type Microcomputer Boards, and the many, many kinds of physical devices that can be used with Arduino.
The main categories of devices that can be connected to Arduino are:
- SENSORS - Devices that Sense some external variable or event, and connect to an Arduino Input Pin
- ACTUATORS - Devices that perform some kind of Action when activated by an Arduino Output Pin or Pins.
Click on the categories above, to go to our page explaining them in more detail.
HERE (click) is a simple example using an Ultrasonic SENSOR and a Servomotor ACTUATOR.
Should you use Arduino for REAL ENGINEERING?? We say YES! See Why HERE
Here are some more general HOW-TO pages on different subjects that are not specifically Sensors or Actuators:
- CABLES, WIRES and PINS.. How to connect things to Arduino
- ARDUINO POWER: How to control things like motors, lights, heaters etc.
- LCD DISPLAYS: Blue and Yellow, 2x16 and 4x20 Characters
- COMMUNICATIONS to and from Arduino
- IR REMOTE KIT: How-To and Example Software Sketches
- SD CARD MODULE and STACKABLE SD CARD SHIELD
- Arduino Timers and Interrupts Explanation by RobotFreak
- TUTORIALS: Motors and More..